Stan Vaughan was born in Murray, Kentucky in 1956. He has lived in Nevada for 28 years. He has earned a master’s in business administration as well as two doctorates, one in accounting and the other in literature. He is an accomplished chess player, having set numerous world records.
- Attended, Clemson University
- Attended, Community College of Southern Nevada
- Attended, Murray State University
- Attended, Oklahoma State University
- Attended, Padgett-Thompson
- Attended, University of South Africa
- Attended, University of South Florida
- MBA, Business Administration, Roosevelt University
- PhD, Accounting, Loyola University
- President/Chief Executive Officer, Various Self-Owned Internet Companies, 1996-present
- Champion, World Chess Federation, 1994-present
- Account Executive, International Monetary Systems, present
- Served, United States Army, present
- Professional Chess Grandmaster, 1991-2000
- Trainer, 1991-2000
- Author, 1991-2000
- Employee, United States Postal Service, 1984-1991
Civic and other Memberships
- Member, Jaycees, present
- Member, National Rifle Association (NRA), present
- Board Member, American Chess Association, present
- Member, Gun Owners of America, present
- Board Member, Libertarian Think Tank & Educators, present
- Board Member, Nevada State Chess Association, present
- Board Member, Speakers Outreach Program, present
- Board Member, World Chess Federation, present
- President, American Chess Association, 1980-2008
- President, Nevada State Chess Association, 2002-2008
- President, World Chess Federation, 1992-2008
- Member, Advisory Board, Kiel Ranch Citizen, 2006
- Founder, Democracy for America, 2004-2006
- Member, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, 1989-2006
- Member, Nevada Outdoor Democrats, 2006
- Member, North Las Vegas Democratic Club, 2006
- Treasurer, Clark County Green Party, 2002-2003
- Vice Chair, Clark County Libertarian Party, 2000-2001
- Secretary, Clark County Libertarian Party, 1994-1995
More of what Stan Vaughan stands for…
While your current assemblyman puts seniors last and writes but three lines about seniors on his website, I believe that Seniors Matter. I will work to support legislation to remove the Nevada Silver State Exchange or any similar participation in government-run healthcare. I will work to eliminate crippling government requirements to allow them to treat patients rather than spend their time on endless government paperwork, which increases deductibles and I will work endlessly to increase access and levels of care.
As a veteran and someone working with the Nevada Veterans Council, our veterans need not merely lip service.
Economy, Taxes and Education:
Your current assemblyman likes to ‘talk’ about the importance of economic diversity and education yet insults our taxpayers and insults our small businesses being a part of the largest tax increase, the commerce tax, in history. I am working to repeal the Commerce tax by collecting signatures in my District, as well as remove Common Core standards/curriculum and replace them with standards/curriculum that have previously proven successful. Read the details here.
Voter Fraud and Integrity:
Having shown up to vote on second day of early voting and being told I had allegedly already voted, being told I could have a provisional ballot, but, which would not count unless the outcome of any race would be affected by one vote. This is an issue I will strongly support. Voters should produce a government issued photo ID, and the integrity and security audit of all electronic voter machines must also be ensured to prevent the current voter fraud being committed.
Some have asked what can I do as a legislator in Nevada to protect women. My proposal to have Nevada join 9 other States which have passed American Law for American Courts anti-Sharia law legislation.